The Friends of the Briarcliff Manor Public Library, Inc. would like to wish you and your family a happy and healthy holiday season and a very Happy New Year.
Our magnificent Library and Community Center has become the neighborhood hub where everyone can enjoy print and electronic material, view their neighbors’ artwork, stimulate their minds with discussions and lectures, and of course, find books to read.
Here are a few highlights of the outstanding programs and services our library offers:
- The popular museum passes can now be checked out by anyone living in the 10510 zip code. Why don’t you check them out and take advantage of the free admission to MOMA, the Intrepid Air and Space Museum, Stone Barns and other destinations.
- Traveling? You may have noticed that the travel books have moved to a more spacious corner location. Thanks to the Friends, we’ve been able to expand on this popular section to offer more new editions and additional regions.
- The community also enjoys special offerings close to home. Novices and dancers alike squared off in May for a square dance with popular Caller Sandy, in the pavilion. This fall we went back to the 1950s for a Doo Wop show with performer Joey Gee, whose music earned a gold record.
- The library hosts a different art exhibit each month, giving local artists a place to exhibit and library patrons beautiful art to enjoy.
- For 2018, Briarcliff Manor Public Library was the second lowest of the Westchester Libraries in operating expenses for each hour open. That is a tribute to all the support we get from the community.
- Our children and teens Battle of the Books teams continue to amaze us — one team won first place this year and the other made it almost to the end of this county-wide reading competition!
As you can imagine, it takes a lot of resources to have the Library remain a jewel in our community — resources that aren’t fully covered by the Library’s budget. The Friends provide extra resources for the Library through our fundraising efforts such as this yearly appeal. Your help is essential to further enhance the beauty of our building, to help fund the purchase of new books and materials, and to keep offering fabulous programs for our community.
We hope you consider making a donation to the Friends. Your donation is tax-deductible, and can be doubled if your employer has a matching program. Donations can be made online at https://bmplfriends.org/donate/, or checks can be mailed to Friends of the Briarcliff Manor Public Library, P. O. Box 205, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510.
The Friends of the Briarcliff Manor Public Library, Inc. Board
Janet Bashford, President; Doreen Goldstein, Treasurer; Sara Siegel, Secretary; Mary Dale Allen, Deborah Barlow; Alison Flynn; Rain Henderson; Dara Mirsky; Karen Rigney; Debbie Silberman; and Nannette Wasserman